More than 400 people die each year from carbon monoxide exposure in the United States. About 4,000 people are hospitalized and more than 20,000 people are included in the emergency room. The higher the risk of death from exposure of people aged over 65 years, people with respiratory diseases, heart failure or anemia, and young children and infants. Due to the extremely dangerous nature of this connection very often, it is important to understand what is carbon monoxide, asis produced, if it is, and how to reduce the risk of exposure.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that if inhaled can cause serious injury and even sudden death. The gas is a byproduct of incomplete combustion of carbon, which means that it is fuel appliances such as stoves and heaters, exhaust systems, gas stoves and gas appliances, camping stoves and equipment, barbecue, and other sources. Misuse orMalfunction of this equipment can cause carbon monoxide to collect in closed or poorly ventilated. If exposed, so a person can experience dizziness, headache, confusion, nausea, vomiting and chest pain. High exposure of a person can lose consciousness and may even lead to death.
When a person is exposed to carbon monoxide, red blood cells begin to collect on this link to collect oxygen rather than essential. Too much stress can lead to bodyThey replace the oxygen in the blood so that he is cycling through the body than normal. This can cause serious tissue damage and death, if all the oxygen has been replaced in the body.
You can protect yourself from exposure to carbon monoxide with the purchase of a carbon monoxide detector. Like a smoke detector is the detector, an alarm signal for the case of high levels of poisonous gases. If you decide to invest in a detector, battery condition, and shouldregular six-monthly intervals. Also, you can reduce exposure by following the general safety precautions:
The most important way to combat the exposure is to recognize any device malfunction or leak before it becomes a problem. Are all of carbon monoxide-producing equipment regularly inspected by a professional, and only in facilities approved by a verifier Domestic gas to invest something.
Never use heaters mobile chemical flameless grill or stoveIndoors or in poorly ventilated.
Never leave your car running in a closed garage. Always open the garage before starting the engine, and always switch off the engine before closing the garage door. Have systems of car exhaust checked annually for leaks.
For more information about exposure to carbon monoxide and matters of injury solicitors">personal injury, visit the website of the New York City Personal lawyers.blogspot.com/" title="injury lawyers">injury lawyers Orlow Orlow & Orlow, PC
Related : injury lawyers 4 u